More and more consumers keep using the internet as their primary source of getting information before they make any serious purchase.
The real estate industry is not left out.
According to a study carried out by the National Association of Realtors Research Development (NARRD), about 44 percent of prospects search for properties on the internet before they make a purchase.
Real estate search engine optimization is a crucial tool that real estate agents and companies must have.
If you are new to internet marketing, search engine optimization (SEO) is the bedrock of any type of digital marketing strategy used by realtors.
If your goal is to attract high-quality leads to your real estate business, then you should not joke with SEO.
If you have not been actively implementing SEO on your real estate website, it is not too late to start doing so.
Keep reading this article to discover three real estate SEO tactics that you can implement on your real estate website to improve your rank in search results.
If you need more professional tips and guidance with real estate SEO, Realesteko offers results-oriented SEO services that will help optimize your website and increase your revenue.
On-Page Real Estate SEO
On-page SEO optimization for real estate websites refers to those actions that you can take on your website to rank your website in search results.
This form of SEO optimization is the best place to start when implementing a new search engine optimization strategy.
On-page SEO optimization focuses on SEO elements that you control on your website; thereby making your website more effective and Google-friendly.
Optimizing on-page SEO factors on your real estate website will make other off-page tactics effective.
Importance of On-Page Real Estate SEO
On-page SEO helps Google, as well as other key search engines, like Bing, Duckduckgo know who you are.
It gives search engines the information they need to rank you in search results whenever your keywords are searched.
If you don’t implement on-page SEO on your website, Google and other search engines might ignore your website.
It is important to provide Google with all the information it needs about your website.
This is what on-page SEO helps you to accomplish.
You should not focus only on keywords so that you won’t lose your user experience.
As you’re trying to make your website Google-friendly, you should also try as much as possible to craft content that will engage your audience and provide them with value.
Follow these steps to have a real estate website that is on-page SEO optimized:
- To make it easy for Google to recognize what your website is about, try as much as possible to include a variation of the keyword phrase that you want to rank for in the URL of the page that you want to rank.
- Update the title tags on your website pages to ensure that they include the keyword phrase that you want to rank for.
- Incorporate your keyword phrase into your meta description in a way that looks natural. Don’t spam your keyword into a sentence if it won’t make sense.
- Don’t stuff your content with excessive <H2> tags. Your <H2> tags become less effective when you have an excessive number of <H2> tags on your page. Ensure that each tag is descriptive and acts as a subheading to the next section of the article.
- Ensure your real estate website is mobile responsive.
- Use outbound links in your blog posts. Find relevant websites in the real estate niche and link to them in your content. Also, link to URLs that have good domain authority and are trusted by Google.
- Use similar intention phrases in your content. These are also referred to as LSI (latent semantic indexing) keywords. For instance, if your main keyword is “sell my house fast Abuja,” you can mix it up with LSIs like “sell your home fast Abuja,” “sell my house quickly Abuja,” “buy my house fast Abuja.”
- Optimize your images by fixing up the alt texts. This improves your chance of ranking for your primary keyword phrase.
- Write unique and informative real estate SEO content. For your content to rank well in Google, your content should be at least 600 words. You can go for content above 1000 words if you’re trying to rank for highly competitive keywords.
Internal linking is an on-page SEO optimization strategy.
It is a type of hyperlink to another page on your real estate website. Internal linking helps Google to have an idea of your website structure.
Implementing the right internal link strategy will go a long way in improving your real estate SEO.
You also need to pay attention to using the right anchor text, the link’s location on the page, as well as the target of the link.
Don’t abuse the use of internal linking on your website. Doing it too much can harm your rankings.
The most important step to take in implanting this real estate SEO tactic is to write useful content. Then you can link the articles to other articles within your website using the right anchor text.
Backlinks are one of the essential aspects of SEO, and you need to incorporate them into your SEO strategy.
If you want to build real estate backlinks, you need to have high page rank links linking to your website from another website. The more relevant the links are, the more authority your website gets on search engines.
Backlinks are important because Google wants websites that are related to your service to link to your website.
For instance, if a mortgage company links to your real estate website, Google will value your website. Focus on having quality backlinks to improve your position in search results.
Here are some tips that you can implement to build high-quality real estate backlinks:
- Partner with companies that your agency works with. These companies will create content that they can link to your agency if you also write content that portrays their uniqueness and links to their website.
- Write unique and valuable content that people will be willing to share. The more shareable your content is, the more desirable the links in your content will be.
- Link to powerful and influential websites that are in your social and content channels.
- Don’t link to spam. Linking to spam will make your links not be trusted by your readers.
- Don’t use Blackhat SEO tactics (such as buying PBN links). These tactics yield temporary results.
Get Professional Real Estate SEO service!
As you act on the tactics discussed in this article, always remember that effective SEO requires patience because it takes time.
Don’t expect overnight success.
You provide your clients with useful information; this will compel them to trust you when they are ready to buy properties.If you need professional help with Real Estate SEO.
Get in touch with Realestateko. Request your Free proposal: 2348029372516